"Middle School Matters" Parent Workshop is Feb. 7
Series benefits parents with children in fifth - eighth grade
Bulloch County Schools' Parent Involvement Coordinators will host "Middle School Matters" on Saturday, February 7, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at Statesboro High School.
Middle School Matters is a series of workshops designed for parents, who have children in fifth - eighth grades. This is a free event and lunch is provided.
For more information contact the Bulloch County Schools Title I Programs Office at 912.212.8500 or contact the Parent Involvement Coordinator at your child’s school.
Click HERE for registration flyer.
Camp Invention Comes to GSU; Early Registration Now Open
Georgia Southern University (GSU) is a host site for Camp Invention this summer during the week of June 22-16. A national program backed by the National Inventors Hall of Fame and the U.S. Patent & Trademarks Office, GSU is one of several host sites across the country.
For rising first- through sixth-grade students, this program allows children to explore science, technology and their own innate creativity, inventiveness and entrepreneurial spirit.
For more information, see the attached flyer or visit http://campinvention.org
Early online registration is now open at http://inventnow-web.ungerboeck.com/programsearch/moreinfo.aspx?event=11597
Announcing: “Renaissance Home Connect”
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Your child is using a suite of computer software at school called Renaissance Place that includes specific programs such as Accelerated Reader and Math Facts in a Flash. Bulloch County now has access to a special feature within Renaissance Place called Renaissance Home Connect, a web-based interface that allows you and your child to share in the educational experience by viewing progress in certain Renaissance Place programs while outside of school.
We are very excited that you will be able to view the following for your child:
- quiz averages
- book levels
- last quiz information
- “Bookshelf” showing book titles read
- “Book Finder” list of books available on student’s reading level (though your school may not own them all)
- Practice using Math Facts in a Flash---note that results will not show up at school as mastered levels, but hopefully the extra practice will assist your child during opportunities at school to demonstrate his or her success.
You can view Renaissance Home Connect from any computer with an internet connection using these browsers:
- Internet Explorer® 6.02 or later
- Firefox® 1.5 or later
- Safari™ 2.03 or later
Steps for use of Renaissance Home Connect at home:
- Log in to the Renaissance Home Connect website https://hosted234.renlearn.com/52404/HomeConnect/Login.aspx
- Your child will need to log in using his or her school user name and password.
- Visit Reading and Math “tabs.”
- Math Facts in a Flash is under the Math tab if your child uses this program at school.
- Choose Practice My Math Facts: Start Practicing.
- Choose an appropriate level to begin.
In Renaissance Home Connect you can also:
- Click Email Setup to sign up to receive emails showing your student’s quiz or test results
- Click Help to get answers to your questions about Renaissance Home Connect
Bulloch County Schools
Teaching and Learning